Terms and Conditions of Use
As of October 1, 2018
A Maine Yoga Network member is a yoga teacher, school or studio who has been properly trained and verified by Yoga Alliance, or similar agency. Any teacher, school, or studio who claims an RYT or RYS status that is not accurate is subject to have any and/or all of their listings deleted, with no refund issued.
Teachers or schools who are pending approval may update their listing once they are approved.
Thus, I acknowledge it is my responsibility to understand what credentials I currently hold, and agree to only use the appropriate designations in accordance with these rules.
I understand that yoga professionals do not diagnosis or treat mental or physical health conditions and agree that I will not offer courses, classes or workshops for CE credit that have as a substantial component instruction in diagnosis or treatment of mental or physical health conditions.
I understand that my ongoing status as a Maine Yoga Network member is subject to ongoing compliance with Maine Yoga Network’s Code of Conduct and all relevant MYN policies, together with the payment of all applicable fees.
Code of Conduct
As of October 1, 2018
The Maine Yoga Network Code of Conduct is a declaration of acceptable ethical and professional behavior by which all members agree to conduct the teaching and business of yoga. It is not intended to supersede the ethics of any school or tradition but is intended to be a basis for yoga principles. As a Yoga Teacher, Studio, or School, I agree to uphold the following ethical principles:
- Conduct myself in a professional and conscientious manner.
- Acknowledge the limitations of my skills and scope of practice and where appropriate, refer students to seek alternative instruction, advice, treatment or direction.
- Create and maintain a safe, clean and comfortable environment for the practice of yoga.
- Encourage diversity by respecting all students regardless of age, physical limitations, race, creed, gender, ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation.
- Respect the rights, dignity and privacy of all students.
- Avoid words and actions that constitute sexual harassment or harassment based on other legal protected characteristics.
- Adhere to the traditional yoga principles as written in the yamas and niyamas.
- Follow all local government and national laws that pertain to my yoga teaching and business.
- Avoid speaking ill of fellow member yoga teachers, studios and schools.
I understand that if my membership includes additional opportunities, such as events or social media posts, that it is my responsibility to submit the information and utilize those opportunities within one calendar year of my initial membership date.
I understand that Maine Yoga Network may remove my listing/s for cause, including failure to uphold the the Code of Conduct. Prior to removing my listing/s, MYN will provide me with notice of the basis for the potential removal and an opportunity to respond in writing. After review of the evidence, MYN will issue a decision as to whether to remove my listing, based on its reasonable judgment of the evidence before it. I agree to hold MYN harmless for any losses or damage I may incur as a consequence of the removal of my listing/s.